Go down
Admin
View user profile

A New Mission

on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 pm
It was just after 7 a.m. when Jade Beaumont was awoken from her sleep by the sound of Professor Charles Xavier's voice in her head asking her to come to his office. Even though she had been living at the mansion for close to 3 years now it still freaked her out whenever he did things like this. The 19 year old sat up in her bed and blinked away the sleep from her eyes as she tried to recall if she might have done anything wrong recently. For once she could think of nothing. She had finally quit smoking, thanks to a bag filled with nicotine patches and gum supplied to her by Dr. Hank McCoy. She had also completed her chores for that week, without bribing someone else to do them, and was ahead on her studies. She knew that the only way to figure out what he wanted was to actually go to his office and talk to him.

She managed to pull herself out of bed and brushed her teeth and washed her face before getting changed. She put on her faded black skinny jeans, her well worn black leather combat boots, and a long sleeve tee-shirt. She ran her fingers through her long, dark brown hair and pulled it up into a messy pony tail. Glancing around her room she still could not believe where she was now as compared to three years ago. She had been born in Brooklyn in a bad part of the borough to a young mother and a father who was both a drunk and a drug addict. Some of Jade's earliest memories were of her father beating her mother. When Jade was 7 her mother finally had enough of the abuse and left her husband...but she also left Jade. The young girl then became the sole outlet for her father's drunken rage. She was abused verbally, physically, and sexually. Finally, one night when she was 13 her father came home wasted and attempted to sexually assault her. Jade began to fight back, which only enraged him further and he began to choke her. In a moment of pure terror her mutation was unleashed and an energy burst erupted from her body and sent her father flying back through the kitchen wall. Jade was left in shock, but quickly fled as she was unsure if her father was still alive or not. She had no money and no where else to go so she began living on the streets. It was an extremely difficult life, but compared to what she had come from it was a life Jade preferred. Everyday was a struggle to survive, but Jade quickly figured out what she needed to do. She became an expert pickpocket and thief and carved out a territory of her own.

She soon came to Professor Xavier's attention through Cerebro and he sent Logan out to find her. Jade didn't trust anyone and it took Logan 6 months to build up a relationship with her before she even agreed to come to the mansion and meet Professor Xavier. She had been attempting to teach herself how to control her powers, which they discovered were energy blasts and shields, but was in need of more guided training. Her powers used the energy from her body and would subsequently leave her drained. Under Xavier's guidance she quickly excelled in her training and finally agreed to come and live at the mansion permanently. It took her months to get used to the soft beds and never ending supply of food. Dr. Hank McCoy put her on a strict diet for the first year she was there to get her body back to health and she began a training regime with Logan. Logan took a liking to Jade and the two of them formed a very close bond. In a strange way she almost became like his adopted daughter. He looked after her and she found she could talk to him more easily than anyone else in the mansion. Because she had a bit of a wild streak in her she would sometimes "borrow" his motorcycle and take it for a joyride, but he never became too upset with her over it.

Recently, Jade had been made a full fledged member of the X-Men team. She was extremely proud to receive her suit and had even gone on a few missions with Logan. She could still be rebellious and had a bit of a temper and a stubborn streak in her, but everyone there saw the good in her heart. She had been dealt a tough start in life, but was now on the right track. She stepped out of her bedroom and nearly ran into Logan.

"Were you also summoned to Professor X's office?"
Admin
View user profilehttp://xmen-rp.forumotion.com

Recollection of the past

on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:58 pm
Seven years ago when Victor was twelve years old his powers awoke in a big way. A particularly violent nightmare shook the boy to his core. Something big seemed to enter his mind from the astral plane, a creature. It said something to him. Something he couldn't recall but it awoke his shadow powers which in turn swallowed his entire childhood home including his parents and transported it to the shadow realm where undoubtedly they died. Of course at that age he didn't know or understand what happened.
But when the police showed up it didn't matter. Back then mutants weren't prosecuted fairly and he was sentenced to life on the raft prison. A super max for extraordinary criminals.
On the raft the boy was locked in a box of ever lasting light never allowed the opportunity to create a shadow until a riot provided him the opportunity to escape.
The riot caused a short in some of the lights providing him just enough shadows to desperately create a means for escape. Once out of his cell the fight raged and it seemed a innate ability to control his powers. Crafting weapons and armor to fight the armed guards along side the other prisoners until his escape was made.

Back at the mansion hours after the escape Logan looked down at Jade. "Yeah. I'd bet it's about that prison break we heard about last night on the news." He would say as he walked with her down the stairs into the professors office where The Professor, Hank, and Storm were already waiting. The professor would look up. "Good your up." He would show the news story of the prison break on his small office TV. "Last night a prison break happened at the raft super max prison off the coast of long island where it was submerged. Four enhanced individuals escaped including a Victor Korting." At this point Hank would stand up and set the file down open on the desk. before he launched into his part. "Seven years ago he was locked away there as a young boy when his powers awoke and his family and their home disappeared. He insisted all he knew was he had a nightmare of some type of ghoul and when he awoke his home was gone. He was tried unjustly and sentenced. We've been working on appeals for him for quite some time but it seems he seized a opportunity to escape." At this point The Professor would continue. "It's imperative we get to him before the authorities do. From what i could gather from the guards who were attacked last night he can control and manipulate shadows and if we take into account what happened when he was a boy it seems he can also either transport or completely destroy things using this power." He would sigh looking up at Logan. "If what he said as a boy were true and he did envision a creature in his nightmare before shadows over took his home i have no doubt the Shadow King is making a play at a new host. I won't be able to know until we get him here. I've been unable to contact him directly there's some sort of block preventing me. I have however located him physically."

After the escape Victor broke into a closed Kohls to get out of his prison cloths and into a pair of jeans and a black button up shirt, socks and a pair of tennis shoes. His light brown hair was a bit long and messy but after finding a set of clippers he gave himself a decent buzz cut although he obviously never used them before because there were a few long hairs still remaining. As he looked at himself in the first mirror he had seen in years his hazel green eyes seemed tired and worn down. His whole child hood was spent in a room of false light. His skin tone was pale from the lack of real sunlight and he was undoubtedly malnourished. He would sigh and using his shadows he would slip out of the kohls by creating what looked like a portal to walk through to the outside of the building. It was quite humorous because it happened right in front of a homeless man who Victor looked at and with a smirk said. "I think the drugs are working." Before he walked away as if he had never been there.
He would find himself a hotel for the evening but not having any money meant finding a vacant room and just like the Kohls he broke in to go in and lay on the bed. Not knowing that he was being tracked by Xavier.
Admin
View user profile

Re: A New Mission

on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:36 pm
Jade followed Logan down stairs to Professor Xavier's office. It was a large, well lit room with windows looking out over the back of the property. It was early spring and Tulips and Daffodils were starting to bloom. The entire property had a serene feeling to it. On summer nights Jade liked to go out onto one of the empty green spaces and look up at the stars, quite often Logan would join her, sometimes letting her take a few sips from his beer. This mansion had truly become her home and she felt lucky that Professor Xavier had found her and did not give up on her. Her first few months at the mansion she had not been well behaved. She had a temper and grew frustrated easily. Professor Xavier had been calm with her, even when she had yelled at him. She now trusted him fully and did everything she could to show him that she did not take for granted all that he had given her. She would have been lost without him.

With them in the room was another woman. She was in her mid-thirties and was one of the most strikingly beautiful women Jade had ever met. Sabella Hunter stood at about 5'7" with long, wavy chestnut hair and eyes that were flecked with gold. Her skin had a naturally darker tint to it, indicating some Native American lineage. She held herself with grace, but Jade had witnessed first hand how deadly Sabella could be in a fight. She was agile, quick, and handled difficult situations with ease. Sabella had telekinetic and telepathic abilities that were so strong and appeared at such a young age that she had been living at the mansion for most of her life. Without Professor Xavier's help Sabella's powers would have overcome her mind and body and ultimately destroyed her. It was still a battle to keep her powers under control, but she worked closely with Professor Xavier to keep them at bay. Sabella had been the one who had first befriended Logan when he arrived at the mansion and rather quickly flirting had led to something more between them. They had attempted to keep it a secret (although they both knew Charles was aware of it), but it soon got out. Besides herself, Sabella was one of very few who could actually calm Logan down and he could do the same for her. She had watched Sabella lose control of her powers, but Logan would quickly and calmly intervene and help her get back in control. They balanced one another out and made one hell of a team.

Jade looked at Hank and Professor Xavier. "Ok, so you've located him. How are we going to convince him to come back with us? It took Logan six months before he got me to even step foot here and he's not going to have that kind of time."
Admin

Formulating a plan

on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 pm
Professor X would smile slightly as he looked at her. "I hate to say it Jade but i don't have a good answer for you. But it's also why i'm sending you, Logan and Sabella." Logan looked a bit surprised. "You think i'm the right man for the job?" Xavier would look at him. "No but you've gotten lucky before." Although could taking six month to convince a homeless girl to come to a house be considered luck? That's neither here nor there i suppose.

After a bit more talking they would agree and Logan would lead the way from the office to the jet. But before leaving Xavier would speak to Sabella telepathically. "Keep your guard up. All we know about him is he can manipulate shadows which means he has a direct link to the shadow realm and potentially the astral plane. And if his link to the shadow realm is too wide he may be a target of the Shadow King. And as you know he can enter peoples minds and control them. I'll be keeping tabs from here and use cerebro to help if needed. But i'd like to get the boy here and establish the blocks in his head necessary to help the boy control his abilities and of course keep out the Shadow King."

Logan noticed Sabella being oddly quiet and when she seemed to snap from her conversation he would look at her. "Last minute instructions? Anything i should know?" He would ask her as they got on the Xjet that Sabella could fly and would take off heading for Rochester New York where the boy was currently hiding out.

Inside the hotel room activity was beginning to stir up. Victor had closed the blinds to his room submerging himself in darkness so he could sleep. How many good hours could anyone truly get when trapped in a room of never ending light? His sleep was deep and during it his powers were active. Active but destructive. Objects in the room were slowly being surrounded by shadows and slowly but surely crushed. First the T.V. Next the dresser. But as the sounds of objects breaking grew louder and more frequent people in neighboring rooms were growing aware of his presence and making calls to the front desk complaining about his room.

Quite suddenly Xavier would speak to them all telepathically. "Better hurry it seems the residents of the hotel he's hiding out in are aware of his presence. Claims of hearing things breaking coming from his room are reaching the front desk and it seems the police have been called."

Back at the hotel Victor awoke to the sounds of banging on the door. "Open the door this is the management!" Someone shouted as he jiggled keys in the lock. He had obviously unlocked the door but it seemed he was still unable to open it to enter the dark room. Victor was unintentionally holding the door closed with his powers obviously he wasn't in complete control of his abilities.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:58 pm
Sabella paused for a moment as the trio began to head towards the elevators that would take them down to the sub-basement where the X-Jet was hidden. She listened quietly to Professor Xavier's additional words of caution. As usual, whenever Charles spoke to her this way she would stare off into space, her eyes not seeming to be looking at anything in particular. As she came out of it she found Logan standing beside her. She looked at him and spoke quietly.

"Charles is just worried. It is best if we get this kid here as quickly as possible. If he becomes a target of the Shadow King then we will all be in serious trouble."

They caught up to Jade and suited up before boarding the X-Jet. Sabella was a well skilled pilot and took her usual place in the pilot's seat. She quickly got the jet warmed up and ready to go and within minutes they were in the air heading towards Rochester. They were nearly there when they all were informed telepathically by Charles of what was happening. Sabella managed to find a spot to put the jet down near the hotel. Up ahead they could hear shouting and Sabella could sense confusion. As they neared the group of men standing outside the door time seemed to freeze around them as Sabella used her powers to stop the men, quite literally, in their tracks. They were frozen in various positions and they didn't even move or blink. Sabella could not hold this for very long as it strained her powers. With her fingers still resting against her right temple she looked at Jade.

"Jade, you should talk to him. You're the same age as he is and you both have experienced significant hardships in your lives. If you can't convince him we will have to forcibly take him."

Jade looked at Sabella and Logan and suddenly felt a huge weight of responsibility on her shoulders. She nodded and slowly approached the door. She was quiet a moment before she began to speak to him.

"Victor, my name is Jade Beaumont. I'm a mutant like you. I'm here with two others to help you. We are not going to send you back to prison. We won't hurt you. Please, just open the door."
Admin

First encounter

on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 pm
When they arrived and Sabella froze the manager who by this point had been trying to pry the door open with a crow bar after he was unsuccessful in opening the door with just his keys. After Sabella gave Jade her instructions Logan went around to the back of the building. If the kid tried to slip out into the alleyway through the bathroom window he would be there waiting.

Victor had woke up to the sounds of people banging on his door and yelling at him to open the door. The rooms furniture had all been crushed around him in the room by the shadows destructive nature. It was all confusion for him and then as it sounded like someone was trying to pry the door opened everything stopped. It was a eerie silence and he didn't understand why everything stopped until Jade spoke to him through the door. As she spoke he was looking around the room for a escape route that wasn't the door. The shadows rippled like waves on the floor around him before they seemed to be drawn into him like a receding tide is drawn into the ocean leaving the dark room in a odd state. With curtains closed no light was getting in but with the darkness being swallowed up into him it left the room in what seemed like a very dank state. Almost like the room itself was a black and white film.

"You do realize that someone who would send me back would try to lie and say they weren't sending me back to that floating hell!" He called out to her as he looked around almost frantically before closing his eyes and concentrating before opening a hole on the wall to the room next door. "If your really a mutant show me! Prove your like me!" But it was a ploy. After he declared that to her he ran through the hole into the next room and then running through that room and opening a gateway through it as well. He would pass through four rooms with guests looking terrified and even screaming.

The screaming would of course alert Logan out in the alley way. He would shout out loud. "He's running go now!" He would yell at them as he started running down the alleyway and when Victor came out of the building and landing on the ground with a roll from a portal that was halfway between the first and second floor. But as he stood up and turned to look back he was tackled to the ground by Logan. "Don't fight kid!" Logan would yell before a huge fist made of shadow energy punched the heavy man off of him so he could get up and square off with him. Shadows spread out near his feet. They rippled angrily as Victor spoke. "I don't want to hurt you but i will. I am not going back to that cage."
Admin
View user profile

First Encounter

on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:12 am
Jade had been only semi-hopeful that her plan would work. She honestly didn’t blame him for running. Why should he trust them? It had taken her a long time to even trust Logan, but unfortunately they didn’t have that kind of time. She began to hear screaming from other rooms and realized he was fleeing through other rooms. She began to run that way and found that Logan had tackled the boy to the ground. Do anyone else that would have been the end of the fight, but not for Victor. Jade was surprised to see him punch Logan with that appeared to be a fist made of shadows.

Sabella was still holding the other men in a frozen state but could feel her energy slipping away. She wouldn’t be able to hold them for much longer. In an attempt to get the boy to listen she reached out with her mind to his and spoke to him telepathically.

“Victor, I know you are scared and have no reason to trust us, but I promise you we are here only to help you. Please calm down and listen to Jade.”
Admin

The fight heats up.

on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:52 pm
Victors eyes widened as he looked around in a almost frantic way as he heard Sabella speak in his head. But whether it was bad timing or maybe Logan wasn't aware of her speaking to him but he got up angrily and his claws came out of his arms. Obvious the hot head was angry about being punched by a comically huge fist made of shadows. But things spiraled because when Logan's claws came out the shadows physically manifested themselves around the boys body into what looked similar to a set of feudal era samurai armor. His face even donning a creepy samurai style mask as a sword manifested itself.

Logan would charge him and would slash down at him ready to test this manifested armor while Victor with good form brought the sword up blocking the anamantium claws from cutting through. Holding that sword with one hand Victor used his left hand in a pushing motion against Logan and when he did it seemed like Logans own shadow gathered to the boys hand before forming a large hand that pushed Logan hard sending him flying.

When Logan landed he looked at Jade. "Blast him already!" He would yell at her.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:30 am
Jade didn't want to blast Victor. She had truly hoped to avoid this moment, but it appeared that there was no other option. If she didn't do something soon this boy was likely to really hurt or kill someone. Once they got him back to the mansion and calmed down she would hopefully be able to talk to him more easily and gain his trust. For now, she just hoped he would forgive her for what she was about to do. She opened the palm of one of her hands and began to pull energy from her body. A red, glowing orb of energy began to quickly form. It pulsed with energy and Jade took aim at Victor. She sent the orb flying towards him and it struck him hard, sending him into a wall. Over time, Jade had begun to know how much energy to use in different situations. She could either produce a steady stream of it, or create energy orbs of varying strength. The orb she had used against Victor had not been powerful enough to kill him, or hurt him badly, but enough to knock him out. For the moment, the shadow creations all vanished and Jade looked at Logan.

"We need to get him on the X-Jet now."
Admin

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:19 pm
It wasn't so much the energy blast itself that knocked him unconscious. It was actually head trauma. After he had hit Logan hard enough to send him knocked back a number of feet he saw her gathering up the energy that was then blasted at him. His shadows acting instinctively to protect him pooled in front of him to block the energy from physically hitting him. But the force of the blast did knock him back and when he hit the wall his head snapped back hitting the wall hard and cutting him open as well as leaving him unconscious.
Logan walked over to the boy and picked him up throwing him over his shoulder. They would get to the jet quickly and once on he would look at Sabella. "Can you make sure he stays out and fly? I don't want him waking up while we're in the air." He would tell her tossing the boy onto the bench in the jet as they took off.

Victor was unconscious still his dreams were fitful. When they arrived Charles had them go down to the lab and put the boy on a examination bed where Hank would stitch up the cut on the back of his head and run a couple tests while Charles entered the boys mind and began working to sever the tie that the Shadow King had made. It wouldn't be something permanent. Only the boy could reinforce and make the block strong. But it would be enough to give him time to learn how.

In Victors head the shadow creature that had haunted his dreams was screaming as if in pain while the world he was in was darkness. But the creature was fading. Because the Shadow King didn't have a firm hold on the boy yet it made it easy for Charles to fight him back and force him out of the boys mind.

It would be a couple hours of intense psychic work but eventually Charles was done and would leave the lab passing Jade in the hallway. He would stop and give her a smile. "I know you didn't want to get him here using force but you did the right thing. If he remained out in the open and using his powers so recklessly not only could he have hurt someone but things could have gotten much worse. He should wake up any time if you feel you need to apologize to him." He would tell her before rolling away with Hank at his side so they could talk about any results the boy had from the testing.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 pm
Jade felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt come over her when she saw that Victor was hurt and bleeding. However, there was nothing else that could have been done. They had been running out of time and options and he was alive and now in their care. Sabella quickly walked beside Logan as he carried the injured boy onto the jet. She nodded in response to Logan's question and quickly got the jet started. While they flew back to the mansion she used her psychic abilities to keep the boy unconscious. It would have been extremely dangerous to them all if he was to awaken while they were in the air.

As soon as the jet landed Sabella released her psychic grip on him and she felt mentally exhausted and ready to give him over to Charles, who was waiting there with Dr. McCoy. She then allowed Logan to escort her back up to their room to rest. Jade meanwhile remained down in the sub-basement waiting for Professor Xavier and Hank to finish their work with him. For some reason she felt connected to Victor and felt guilty for having hurt him. Even when she had been living out on the streets she had not liked hurting people, but sometimes she had been forced to. She was sitting on the floor out in the hallway with her back against the wall when she suddenly heard Professor Xavier and Hank leave the room. As they walked towards her, she stood up and looked at Professor Xavier as he slowed down to speak to her. She nodded slowly at his words and stood there for a moment after they left. She looked over at the door to the room before slowly stepping inside. He wasn't yet awake and so she took a seat by the bed feeling rather awkward as she looked at him.
Admin

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm
His dreams had been strange. The beast the plagued his mind seemed to be panicked before it was gone and there was nothing. He floated in darkness but as he floated his mind slowly began to take shape. He wouldn't know it but what Xavier had done in his mind other than casting out the seeds of the Shadow King was implant calming dreams and images that would keep his powers from being destructive while he was unconscious. In the dream he found himself sitting near a koi pond watching one white koi fish and one black one swim around occasionally forming a ying yang symbol. It was quite nice and of course Xavier was keeping a eye on the progress from upstairs.

It wouldn't be long after she came in to sit near him that he would begin to stir. His eyes flickered confused. As he looked up above him he saw the florescent lighting and looked confused. Maybe it was because he was concussed or maybe because some words of them saying they weren't taking him to prison reverberated around his head but he did note that the light in the room allowed him to make shadows. He even tested it by bringing a small ball of the dark energy into the palm of his left hand. She of course would see this. And when she shifted in her seat or got up or whatever when seeing him use his powers he would turn his head a little quickly and look at her. This made the back of his head where he had been cut ache and his hand reached up to touch the bandage there. "Where am i?" He would ask as he started taking stock of the lab trying to figure out what this place was and why they brought him here.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:16 pm
Jade saw Victor beginning to stir and she sat quietly as she waited for him to awaken. She knew that he would be confused and probably upset and she wanted to be sure she was there to help keep him calm. She watched as his eyes slowly fluttered open and she could see him looking around in confusion. She saw him test his powers and smiled slightly as she watched him. When he looked over at her she remained where she was as to not cause him to feel threatened.

"My name is Jade Beaumont and I am a mutant like you. You are safe Victor. You are at Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted in Westchester, New York. This is a place of refugee for mutants. All of us here have abilities like yourself and this is a place where we are free to be ourselves and to learn how to fully control our gifts. I have lived here for three years under Professor Xavier's care. He is a good man and here you have nothing to fear. Professor Xavier was able to get into your mind and temporarily freed you from the Shadow King's hold. You are not going to go back to prison Victor...I promise you that."

She was quiet a moment before smiling at him a little. "Oh, and sorry for causing that cut on your head. I had to knock you out though."
Admin

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:00 pm
He would sit up slowly and turned so his feet swung over the edge of the table as he looked at her. "Why did you bring me here? Why didn't you guys just report me to the prison and have me sent back?" It was then she mentioned having to rid his mind of the Shadow King. In truth Victor had always known something else was in his mind trying to use his powers for it's own urges. Victor just assumed he was crazy. And spending seven years in a cell because of a accident sure made it feel that way. He would look up at her. "That's nice of you to say. But what if the military or police come for me? Their not going to just let me be free after i broke out of prison even if i was in because of something i couldn't control." As she spoke about his head he would touch the bandage and give her a playful smirk. "Don't worry i won't let it happen again." He would get up off the table and looked at her. "So where are you guys planning on keeping me here? I gotta be honest this room is not secure enough to keep me trapped." He was looking around taking stock of the hospital like room and it was easy to see that even without powers he could easily escape.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 pm
Jade shook her head at Victor when he asked why they hadn't just reported him and sent him back to prison. "Our intention all along was to rescue you Victor. We protect each other here. Believe me when I tell you that I understand the distrust you are feeling right now. I..I lived out on the streets by myself for several years before coming here. It took Logan, the gruff, scruffy guy you were fighting with earlier, six months to even convince me to come here for a visit. I had not had very good interactions with other people before this place. My mother abandoned me and my father..." Jade paused and hesitated a moment as memories of the horrific things he had done to her came flooding back to the forefront of her mind. "...Well...let's just say for the moment that he didn't treat me very well. When I finally agreed to move in her permanently I did not behave well at first, but Professor Xavier and Dr. Hank McCoy were extremely patient with me and showed me a kindness I had never encountered before. I now trust everyone here with my own life and let me tell you it is a wonderful feeling to experience that kind of trust."

She couldn't help but smile at him slightly when he touched the bandage on the back of his head and told her he wouldn't let it happen again. "We aren't here to trap you Victor. You will have access to most parts of the mansion and your own room. Here, let me show you around."

If Victor agreed to go with her, Jade would spend the next two hours talking with Victor as she showed him around the mansion. She introduced him to other students and teachers as they encountered them and even walked with him outside to show him the pool, and tennis and basketball courts.

"So, what do you think?" she asked him as they stood by the pool. "Has to be a lot better than a prison cell anyway."
Admin

on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 pm
He would look at her as she launched into her explanation of why they came to him and how she had come to live there. His time in lock up had taught him to be quiet and patient to try and figure out what someones motives were and why they were doing or saying the things they were. He was of course skeptical but reluctantly he would agree to her showing him around. But what he saw upstairs surprised him. He had expected kids being taught to hide their powers but it was quite the opposite. Right after they went up in the elevator and stepped off he watched a girl walk through a wall while a blue devil like creature chased her and then disappeared in a puff of blue smoke. After seeing that. Seeing more people like him he turned to her. "You said this was a school?" As they walked she would walk him by a class where Storm was teaching a bunch of young kids math it looked fairly normal until one kid floated a note across the room to another. It was all remarkable. All these years thinking he was alone and locked up because he was a danger to other people he was now seeing in person a place where that mentality was dropped on it's head.

She would show him the room he was staying in the Xavier and Hank set up for him. Then they were outside. It was beautiful and sunny out. He breathed the fresh air in a way that showed he still savored it. As they walked around the compound he looked around. He didn't see any guards to keep them there. "No fences? No guards? Nothing?" He asked her in a way that showed his confusion at the idea that this place truly wasn't a prison. But when she confirmed it he would look at her as if in shock. But as they stood there the smell of cigar smoke approached them.

Logan stood between them and the school in jeans and a flannel button up shirt and boots. "Yeah it was shocking when i learned of this place too." He would look at Jade. "You tell him he had his own room yet?" When she confirmed it he would look at Victor. "Don't destroy everything in that room in your sleep. I'm sure the Professor won't like that." Victor would then look to Jade. "When do i get to meet the man who had me brought here?"
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 pm
Jade just let Victor take everything in. This place was clearly quite different than where he had been living. She wanted him to understand that this place was not a prison.

"We are not held here against our will. Technically, any of us can leave at any time. We just choose not to because we are safe here and understood here. We are treated like people and not like lab rats. Sabella, the one who spoke to you telepathically, has been living here since she was a child. She has both telepathic and telekinetic abilities and they came on at a very young age. She is probably one of the strongest mutants in the world. Her parents didn't know what to do with her and so they actually did take her to a scientific lab. Thankfully Professor X rescued her. I think he said she was 6 at the time. This place has become her home...like it has become mine. We get to be ourselves here and help other mutants, like yourself."

She smiled over at Logan as he approached them. The smell of his cigar was comforting to her. She didn't know what she would do if Logan wasn't in her life. She glanced at her watch when Victor asked when he was going to get to meet Professor Xavier. "He contacted me a little while ago and asked me to bring you to his office at 4 p.m. We have a few more minutes."

She looked back at Logan. "How is Sabella doing? I saw you take her upstairs to your room after we got back."
Admin

on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:31 pm
As she spoke about Sabella's history memories flooded him. Prison wasn't just being in a cell that was encompassed in light. Like Sabella he had been experimented on as well. Or at least he had been until they had given up and deemed him too dangerous to allow outside of his cell. Unfortunately the experimentation wasn't to figure out what his powers do or how to harness them and weaponize them. All they were trying to do was figure out a way to kill the X gene without killing him. The only reason they stopped was because anytime outside his cell he lashed out using his abilities and as he got older they grew stronger. Of course this was probably helped by the seeds of the Shadow King that had been planted in his mind.

Victor would nod and as he contemplated so many things he had been told today he watched them talk. Logan would look at Jade. "She's alright. A little wore down. She said holding him down while he was under the Shadow Kings influence had wore her out pretty quickly. Combined with flying she needed a rest. She'll probably be up in a hour or so after a nap." He would turn to Victor. "So how much control do you have over what you do with your powers?" Logan would ask. Victor would look at him and ponder the question for a few moments. "I don't really know." He would hold out his hand showing his own shadow as a ball in his hand. "I think part of it is reactions. Fight or flight. I was trying to escape you guys which allowed the portals to be made and after i couldn't run i was forced to fight." He would frown a little. "I've never really been able to test it much outside of situations like that." He would answer honestly
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:54 am
Jade watched Victor as he showed Logan a shadow ball he created in his hand. She couldn't help but smile a little when Victor mentioned not being able to test out his abilities much while in prison. "Well, here we have an entire room down in the sub-basement devoted to just that. It's called the Danger Room. It uses highly evanced holograms that create different situations that you have to then work through. We utilize the room both as individual and team training. I'm certain that Professor X is already working on a training schedule for you. I didn't have that much training with my powers either before coming here. I did what I could while living out on the streets, but to be honest I just barely had them under control. Professor X is a very patient man. If he can work with me, he can work with anybody," she said with a small smile.
Admin

on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 pm
Victor would give a bit of a tired smile. The kind that showed his face wasn't used to the motion. "We'll see." Logan would look at her. "Hey it's about time. Don't keep the professor waiting." When Jade would begin leading the way his eyes shifted about nervously. What if this was all a lead up to some kind of trap? But as the door opened and Charles turned around in his wheel chair he smiled. "I assure you this is no trap." He would would say out loud before wheeling around to Victor to extend a hand to him. "I'm Charles Xavier it is wonderful to meet you while your conscious." Victor was a bit taken a back but would shake his hand all the same. "How did you know what i was thinking?" Charles would smile. "I can read minds." He would wheel out into the hall and motion for them to follow. "Victor i won't try to deceive you. We had you brought here because your powers seem to make you a easy target for a powerful psychic known as the Shadow King to try and return to this world. I fought him long ago and i have to make sure he doesn't return to our plane of existence." As they walked Victor took all of this information in but was confused. "Why would a psychic need my powers to be able to enter our plane of existence?" Hank would speak up at this point. "Well we need to test some theories. But i think it's because your powers have psychic layers that allow you to access the astral plane." Victor would lean slightly towards Jade and talk quietly. "Any of that make sense to you?"
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:35 am
Jade began to walk with Victor back to the mansion. She could sense that Victor was still unsure, but as they stepped inside Professor Xavier was waiting for them. As always, he offered a calming, sincere smile and extended his hand. Jade remained nearby and ready to offer Victor support, if he needed it. She figured she should stay close as she was a face he knew and was hopefully beginning to trust. Victor seemed surprised by Professor X's ability to read minds and she realized she had not told him that yet. "Professor Xavier is a psychic like Sabella, but his abilities are much more in control than hers. He is also able to connect specifically with the minds of those that are mutant abilities, which is how we found you."

She walked beside Victor down the hall towards his study. As Professor Xavier began to explain why the Shadow King appeared to have latched onto Victor, Jade glanced at him and could see him trying to make sense of what was being said. When he leaned close and whispered to her and asked her if any of it had made sense to her, she gave him a little smile. "A lot of what Professor X and Dr. McCoy say don't make sense to me, but believe me when I tell you that you can trust them. I wouldn't be here if I didn't trust them completely. They know what they are talking about and that's all that matters."
Admin

on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:33 pm
Charles would chuckle a little. "To put it in simple terms the astral plane can be closely associated with the spirit world. Kind of like where souls go." Victor would be a little surprised. "And you think i can access this astral plane?" Hank would nod. "We believe it is how you open your portals to break into clothing stores and run away from people trying to help you." Victor would look down at his feet briefly. When things were put in a perspective like that it did seem he hindered more than helped them and himself.

A door would open in front of them leading into the huge wide open room that was the Danger Room. Charles would turn to look at him as Hank stepped into the safety room and motioned for Jade to follow. Once inside Hank began typing away on the computer using it to relay information of the powers as there used in the room. Charles would look at him. "So what we're doing in this room Victor is we're going to test your powers some. I want to figure out what you can do and how we can help you keep a hold of those abilities and improve on them." He would smile and wheel into the safety room with the observation glass. Hank would speak into a microphone that let him talk to the danger room. "Ok so i'm going to give you some pretty real holograms to test some of your abilities on. They take damage and can even fight back to a extent. Are you ready?" Victor would nod.This was still so much to take in that it was a bit easier for him being given a instruction to follow. But as a smaller version of a sentinel appeared his shadow instinctively came up to wrap him in a smooth black coating of armor and when the sentinel's left arm turned into a mini gun Victor took a firm fighters stance getting low and bringing his right arm forward where the shadow extended down into a shield so when the guns fired the bullets hit the shadow shield and began falling to the ground at his feet. The bullets hit the shield hard enough to make him slide backwards slightly with each impact but the shield remained firm and unscratched.

But as he defended himself he was using his left hand trying to control the sentinels own shadow. Charles could see it trying to work it's way up the sentinels legs to get to a position to do something. But it seemed he was having a hard time using both. But the potential was there. "Remarkable." He would say and look to Jade. "You'll finally have someone to train with if we can get him to stay." Charles would say with a smile.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:45 am
As they got onto the elevator and headed down to the sub-basement, Jade knew that they were heading for the Danger Room. She had mentioned it to Victor, but now he would get to experience it for himself. As she walked back behind the protective glass to stand next to Hank, she looked out into the room and remembered her first time there. It had been the day after Logan had managed to get her to the mansion for the first time. She had been anxious and nervous, much like Victor. Professor X and Hank had a calming effect on her though and they had tested her powers in much the same way as they were about to with Victor. Her powers could be deadly if not controlled properly and it had been evident that first day that her abilities were extremely powerful, but that she lacked true control over them. That had changed over time as she had worked closely with Professor X and Hank. Although her powers were pulled from her own energy, she had learned how to better control the flow of her energy blasts to conserve her energy. She now could use them against someone without killing them, like she had been forced to do with Victor.

She smiled as she watched him and looked over at Charles when he commented that she would finally have someone to train with if he agreed to stay. "I think he's going to stay. I've managed to convince him that we aren't going to lock him up or send him back to prison."
Admin

on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:05 pm
As Victor blocked the rounds from the sentinel a opening presented itself as the robot had to reload  it's weapon. Victor's demeanor changed from somewhat neutral to angry. He had learned early on that if he could be angry at what he wanted to attack he could use his powers quite brutally. When the seconds gap happened his shield dropped and the shadows that had been trying to crawl up the sentinels body to wrap it up seemed to explode to swallow up the sentinel and rip it's limbs from his body. During this attack Victor had a hand thrust out in the shape of a fist that was trying to clench against something firm but as his hand slowly began to close that was when the sentinels limbs were ripped from it's body and it's chest piece was crushed under immense pressure.

While watching this Charles would take a look into the boys mind curious to see what his motivations were to harness his powers. He would sigh a bit seeing the boy imagining this being done to some of the harsher guards at his former home. But the simulation would end and Hank would speak up. "We'd like to see your other ability to get through solid walls if possible." With that the sentinel disappeared and numerous walls appeared in front of him.

Victor looked at the walls and tried to conjure up his portal but it wasn't quite working. The shadows were up on the wall but he couldn't get the portal to open. Charles would speak to his mind. "Mind if i give you a hand? I believe the reason you could form them before was because of fear and the Shadow Kings influence. But these aren't healthy ways to control your powers. True power comes from a mind a peace with itself." With that he reached deep into his mind to unlock a memory he hadn't thought of in years. A memory of playing in the woods behind his families home with a child hood friend. He was shocked and had honestly forgotten about the memory but as that memory moved through his mind the portal opened and he could easily walk through it to the other side of the wall. For good measure he did the other walls as well.

The portals themselves looked strange almost like a tunnel that was encased in nothing but darkness and at the end of the tunnel was the other side of the wall.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Jade watched Victor and could sense his demeanor inside the Danger Room shift to anger as he continued to fight the Sentinel. She took a slight step back as the shadows he created began to actually rip the created being's limbs from it's body. The power he could create was incredible and he could clearly be quite dangerous. When Professor Xavier then asked Victor to demonstrate his ability to create portals from those shadows Jade thought it safe enough to come out from behind the glass and into the room with Victor. She watched quietly as Professor X helped the young man to open a portal into the next room. A round black hole began to form in the wall. Jade was fascinated and she looked at Victor.

"Is it safe for me to go through?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum